Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Power of Words

I recently watched a YouTube video called “The Power of Words.” To say the video moved me would be an understatement. I quickly sent it to my faculty to share. This is a typical practice for me to send articles or inspiring educational videos to my staff.  What surprised me was their response. Many were moved to tears and made comments to me to the fact.
My question is how will they process the message? Watch the video yourself first to get the effect.






What is the video about really? How will we internalize it? I read some of the comments on YouTube and it is interesting the differences of opinion on the video. Some people only said something to the effect that the man needed to get a job or that money still rules! Was that the message because if it was I totally missed that part.
M y real question is how will we use the message? How will we incorporate this into our lives? Will we just pass it on to others to later forget about it in the bevy of information we receive daily or will we really be the message? I wonder if my teachers will not only watch their words but use this video with their students to elicit their feelings. Will they do exercises with their students on the power of what they say and how they say it. Will they take common phrases even slurs and investigate where they came from and how words do hurt but they can also heal.
The real question is here is now that we have the information how will we use it? Comments…

No comments:

Post a Comment